MP gets first special juvenile police unit
Indore: Madhya Pradesh`s first special
juvenile police unit was inaugurated by the state Home
Minister Umashanker Gupta here on Sunday.
Juveniles below 18 years, will be kept in this unit for
interrogation before being produced in the court, Gupta told
The unit has been opened to keep the juvenile offenders
away from the professional criminals` company, he said.
Hoping that the experiment will be a success, Gupta said
that special juvenile police units will come up in all the
districts of Madhya Pradesh.
Around 200 constables have been imparted special training
on how to behave, question and talk to the juvenile offenders.
Policemen in plain clothes will be deputed in this
special juvenile unit having entertainment, dining and rest
cabins, an officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!