MP gets first special juvenile police unit
Indore: Madhya Pradesh`s first special
juvenile police unit was inaugurated by the state Home
Minister Umashanker Gupta here on Sunday.
Juveniles below 18 years, will be kept in this unit for
interrogation before being produced in the court, Gupta told
The unit has been opened to keep the juvenile offenders
away from the professional criminals` company, he said.
Hoping that the experiment will be a success, Gupta said
that special juvenile police units will come up in all the
districts of Madhya Pradesh.
Around 200 constables have been imparted special training
on how to behave, question and talk to the juvenile offenders.
Policemen in plain clothes will be deputed in this
special juvenile unit having entertainment, dining and rest
cabins, an officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug