MP gets first special juvenile police unit
Indore: Madhya Pradesh`s first special
juvenile police unit was inaugurated by the state Home
Minister Umashanker Gupta here on Sunday.
Juveniles below 18 years, will be kept in this unit for
interrogation before being produced in the court, Gupta told
The unit has been opened to keep the juvenile offenders
away from the professional criminals` company, he said.
Hoping that the experiment will be a success, Gupta said
that special juvenile police units will come up in all the
districts of Madhya Pradesh.
Around 200 constables have been imparted special training
on how to behave, question and talk to the juvenile offenders.
Policemen in plain clothes will be deputed in this
special juvenile unit having entertainment, dining and rest
cabins, an officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!