MP govt announces subsidies for power consumers
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has decided
to give a subsidy totalling Rs 1,776 crore on the tariff fixed
by the Electricity Regulatory Commission this fiscal to
provide relief to power consumers in some categories.
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday.
An official release said that subsidy of 90 paisa per
unit would be given to domestic consumers upto 30 units, Rs
1.25 per unit to powerloom consumers upto 25 horsepower, Rs
1.75 to Rs. 2.05 per unit to permanent agricultural consumers
and Rs 1.75 per unit to the temporary agricultural consumers.
Besides, subsidy of Rs 15 per unit would be given to the
agricultural consumers who get power through DTR meters, while
scheduled castes and scheduled tribes who own upto one hectare
land would get power supply free, for use upto five
The high tension lift/group irrigation consumers would
be exempted from annual minimum charge and low tension
consumers would get subsidy at the rate of Rs 1.90 per unit,
on par with agricultural consumers.
The below poverty line scheduled caste and scheduled
tribe families who have single-point connection would get free
power supply upto 25 units. For the street light schemes of
municipalities/nagar panchayats, there would a subsidy of Rs
95 per kilowatt.
The release also said that cess on all categories of
power consumers has been abolished, which will cut electricity
bills by 10 paisa per unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city