‘MP govt buys wheat only from BJP linked farmers’
Bhopal: Targetting the ruling BJP, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Monday alleged that the state government was buying wheat only from those farmers, who were associated with the saffron party.
He said this while addressing a public meeting at Mandna in Panna district on the fourth day of his Jana Chetna Yatra.
Those farmers, who were not linked to the BJP, were starving, as the government was not buying any wheat from them, he alleged further.
Before the meeting, Ajay went to Chand Nagar wheat purchase centre and interacted with the farmers.
He said that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should give an account of the Rs 4,000 crore, which the state government had received from the Centre for the development of Bundelkhand.
Ajay held meetings at a number of places including Harsabagoha, Jhinna, Bhapatpur, Vanhari and Kunwarpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video