MP govt employees donate for Uttarakhand victims
Bhopal: Employees of various government organisations in Madhya Pradesh have decided to donate their one day salary to the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for the Uttarakhand victims.
The representatives of various government organisations, including corporations, boards and daily wage employees` associations, visited the residence of state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday to inform him about their decision to donate their one-day salary.
On the occasion, Chouhan said that his government is making every possible effort to extend assistance to state`s pilgrims affected by the Uttarakhand disaster.
After the campaign to rescue pilgrims, efforts will be made to trace missing pilgrims, he said.
An immediate assistance of Rs 50,000 each will be provided to families of missing persons, the Chief Minister said.
The children, whose both parents have died in the calamity will be given Rs 5 lakh each, he said.
It has also been decided to provide Rs 10 lakh each to the families of army personnel, who died in the helicopter crash during the Uttarakhand rescue operations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly