MP govt failed to protect girl child: Congress
Bhopal: Expressing concern over the rape of 88 minor girls in just 90 days in Madhya Pradesh, opposition leader in the state assembly Ajay Singh on Monday accused the BJP government of miserably failing to protect girl child.
"The latest figures of rapes of minors, which is 88 rapes in 90 days may not embarrass Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan but it has certainly caused a lot of embarrassment to people of the state," the Congress leader said.
These incidents have totally exposed Chouhan who has always described himself as "mama (maternal uncle)" of girls in the state. The figure has exposed his claims of development and good governance, Singh said.
The chief minister always claim that MP is number one in the country in terms of growth rate, but 88 rapes of minors in 90 days have totally exposed the ruling BJP, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state