MP govt for dismissal of IAS officer Tinu Joshi
Bhopal: After recommending to the Centre the dismissal of `tainted` IAS officer Arvind Joshi from service, the Madhya Pradesh government on Monday sought termination from service of his IAS wife, Tinu Joshi, following allegations of graft against the couple, official sources said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recently sought termination from service of Arvind Joshi and today forwarded his IAS wife`s name for sacking, they said.
Arvind and Tinu Joshi, both 1979 batch IAS officers, hogged the news after the income tax department raided their residence in February 2010 and unearthed assets valued at Rs 360 crore. While Arvind Joshi was posted as Principal Secretary of Jail, Tinu was the Secretary to the Women and Child Development Department.
Soon after the raids, the couple was placed under suspension by the state government.
A raid by income tax at the official residence of Joshi couple had yielded over Rs 3 crore in cash and documents of other assets which were "grossly disproportionate" to their known sources of income, sources said.
In the wake of IT raids and report by the tax authority, the state government constituted a committee under retired chief secretary, Nirmala Buch, to probe the allegations and based on its findings the government has decided to recommend termination of the IAS couple from service, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh