MP govt for dismissal of IAS officer Tinu Joshi
Bhopal: After recommending to the Centre the dismissal of `tainted` IAS officer Arvind Joshi from service, the Madhya Pradesh government on Monday sought termination from service of his IAS wife, Tinu Joshi, following allegations of graft against the couple, official sources said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan recently sought termination from service of Arvind Joshi and today forwarded his IAS wife`s name for sacking, they said.
Arvind and Tinu Joshi, both 1979 batch IAS officers, hogged the news after the income tax department raided their residence in February 2010 and unearthed assets valued at Rs 360 crore. While Arvind Joshi was posted as Principal Secretary of Jail, Tinu was the Secretary to the Women and Child Development Department.
Soon after the raids, the couple was placed under suspension by the state government.
A raid by income tax at the official residence of Joshi couple had yielded over Rs 3 crore in cash and documents of other assets which were "grossly disproportionate" to their known sources of income, sources said.
In the wake of IT raids and report by the tax authority, the state government constituted a committee under retired chief secretary, Nirmala Buch, to probe the allegations and based on its findings the government has decided to recommend termination of the IAS couple from service, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani