MP govt gives Rs 15 lakh aid to martyred soldier`s family
Sidhi: Madhya Pradesh Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Nagendra Singh on Sunday handed over a cheque of Rs 15 lakh to the widow of martyred Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh at his ancestral village Dadhia.
Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was killed in a brutal manner by Pakistan Army at the LoC in Mendhar sector of Jammu region on January 8.
The Minister handed over the cheque of Rs 15 lakh to the slain soldier`s wife, Durga, as announced by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Later, when asked about the action India should take to deal with the situation, Nagendra Singh told mediapersons here that the Centre would take appropriate action at the right time.
After taking part in the funeral of Lance Naik Sudhakar at his ancestral village last week, Chouhan had announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh to the kin of the martyred armyman, a government job to his wife at the place of her choice and constructing a memorial in the village in his honour.
MLAs Kedarnath Shukla and Vihwamitra Pathak (both BJP), Sidhi Collector Masood Akhtar and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what