MP govt gives Rs 1.5 lakh to kin of man killed by tiger
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has given Rs 1.50 lakh compensation to the family of a 22-year-old man who was killed by a tiger in Khitauli range of Bandhavgarh tiger reserve.
Ramesh Bhumia, from Medra village in Barhi tehsil of Katni district, was killed in the tiger attack on May 27.
A sum of Rs 10,000 was given to Bhumia`s father the day he died. Later, a cheque of Rs 1.40 lakh was given to the deceased`s wife as compensation under the scheme for loss to human life by wild animals, an official release said here on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog