MP govt has failed to meet expectations: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said that ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government will be dislodged by people in the 2013 Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections for "falling short" on commitments.
In a chat with reporters at his residence today, the senior Congress leader, while complementing Chouhan for completing seven years at the helm, said many promises made by the Chief Minister are not being fulfilled yet.
"If Chouhan had made around 4,000 announcements, 3,500 had not been implemented," he said, adding the condition of roads in Madhya Pradesh was almost the same as it was in 2003. "The state has also failed to fulfil its promise to provide round-the-clock electricity to villagers," he alleged.
"It`s because of this that people in the state are waiting for the 2013 Assembly Elections as it would give them a chance to throw BJP out of power," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31