MP govt has failed to meet expectations: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said that ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government will be dislodged by people in the 2013 Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections for "falling short" on commitments.
In a chat with reporters at his residence today, the senior Congress leader, while complementing Chouhan for completing seven years at the helm, said many promises made by the Chief Minister are not being fulfilled yet.
"If Chouhan had made around 4,000 announcements, 3,500 had not been implemented," he said, adding the condition of roads in Madhya Pradesh was almost the same as it was in 2003. "The state has also failed to fulfil its promise to provide round-the-clock electricity to villagers," he alleged.
"It`s because of this that people in the state are waiting for the 2013 Assembly Elections as it would give them a chance to throw BJP out of power," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’