MP govt has links with mining mafia: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has charged the Madhya Pradesh government with having links with mining mafia.
The relationship between Shivam construction company and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should be probed, Digvijay told reporters on Thursday night at the airport before leaving for Maheshwar.
The MP government may say anything but everyone knows that a lot of illegal mining activity was going on in the state. "There is an urgent need to check and control all such mining activity," Singh said.
He said the manner in which BJP president Nitin Gadkari had touched the feet of Baba Ramdev, who has been issued several notices on charges of making black money, indicated the "level of the BJP".
The Congress was working hard for the June 12 byelection in Maheshwar Assembly constitutency and the result would be in the party`s favour, he said while replying to a question.
He also said the Madhya Pradesh government should reduce VAT on petrol and blamed the soaring price of crude oil in the international market for the hike in petrol prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place