MP govt has links with mining mafia: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has charged the Madhya Pradesh government with having links with mining mafia.
The relationship between Shivam construction company and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should be probed, Digvijay told reporters on Thursday night at the airport before leaving for Maheshwar.
The MP government may say anything but everyone knows that a lot of illegal mining activity was going on in the state. "There is an urgent need to check and control all such mining activity," Singh said.
He said the manner in which BJP president Nitin Gadkari had touched the feet of Baba Ramdev, who has been issued several notices on charges of making black money, indicated the "level of the BJP".
The Congress was working hard for the June 12 byelection in Maheshwar Assembly constitutency and the result would be in the party`s favour, he said while replying to a question.
He also said the Madhya Pradesh government should reduce VAT on petrol and blamed the soaring price of crude oil in the international market for the hike in petrol prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets