MP govt has links with mining mafia: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has charged the Madhya Pradesh government with having links with mining mafia.
The relationship between Shivam construction company and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should be probed, Digvijay told reporters on Thursday night at the airport before leaving for Maheshwar.
The MP government may say anything but everyone knows that a lot of illegal mining activity was going on in the state. "There is an urgent need to check and control all such mining activity," Singh said.
He said the manner in which BJP president Nitin Gadkari had touched the feet of Baba Ramdev, who has been issued several notices on charges of making black money, indicated the "level of the BJP".
The Congress was working hard for the June 12 byelection in Maheshwar Assembly constitutency and the result would be in the party`s favour, he said while replying to a question.
He also said the Madhya Pradesh government should reduce VAT on petrol and blamed the soaring price of crude oil in the international market for the hike in petrol prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?