MP govt has links with mining mafia: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has charged the Madhya Pradesh government with having links with mining mafia.
The relationship between Shivam construction company and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should be probed, Digvijay told reporters on Thursday night at the airport before leaving for Maheshwar.
The MP government may say anything but everyone knows that a lot of illegal mining activity was going on in the state. "There is an urgent need to check and control all such mining activity," Singh said.
He said the manner in which BJP president Nitin Gadkari had touched the feet of Baba Ramdev, who has been issued several notices on charges of making black money, indicated the "level of the BJP".
The Congress was working hard for the June 12 byelection in Maheshwar Assembly constitutency and the result would be in the party`s favour, he said while replying to a question.
He also said the Madhya Pradesh government should reduce VAT on petrol and blamed the soaring price of crude oil in the international market for the hike in petrol prices.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match