MP govt keep vigil on 700 pregnant women in Indore
Indore: Concerned over declining child sex ratio in Banganga area here, Madhya Pradesh government`s Woman and Child Department has been keeping a close watch on 700 expecting women to ensure their safe delivery in government hospitals, an official said on Saturday.
The child sex ratio (the number of females per thousand males in the age group 0?6 years) in Banganga area in the city has gone down as many women were blessed with sons in the recent months, senior officer in the Department Vishal Nadkarni told reporters here today.
A survey conducted by the Department in the area found that there were 700 pregnant women, all of whom would now be kept under the supervision of a team of doctors to avoid female foeticide, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report