MP govt neck deep in corruption: Digvijay
Rewa: AICC general secretary
Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said the ruling BJP government of Madhya
Pradesh was not only indulged in "rampant" corruption but has
also been anti-poor.
"Rampant corruption is prevailing in Madhya Pradesh
and when a poor man approaches to any official with his/her
problems, they, because of pressure from the top did not even
hear their complaints," Singh said.
He was speaking at the Jan Kranti Yatra launched by
the former MP Sudnerlal Tiwari at the NCC ground here.
Singh claimed that the common man had totally "lost
his faith" in the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government and in the
2013 Assembly elections the BJP will be wiped out from the
"BJP came to power by making false promises like
providing round-the-clock electricity, but everyone knows the
real situation. In rural areas power was supplied just for
four hours forcing the people to remain in darkness," the
former chief minister said.
Referring to ongoing development projects, especially
welfare schemes, he said the fund was coming from the Centre
and BJP was only taking credit.
He also alleged that black marketers of fertiliser,
illegal miners and land mafias are ruling the state.
Referring to corruption, he said the rot was evident
from the fact that wealth worth crores was recovered even from
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh
BK Hari Prasad, state unit Congress president Kantilal
Bhuria, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh also addressed the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says