MP govt not taking enough steps to tackle Naxalism: Ajay
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA and Chairman of
the party`s election campaign committee in Madhya Pradesh,
Ajay Singh has expressed doubts over the preparedness of the
State government in tackling Naxalite activities.
The Congress MLA in a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that posts of several
police officers were lying vacant in Sidhi district, which was
on the radar of Naxalites.
"This is a serious lapse on the part of the State
government," he said.
Singh said that naxal activities had increased in the
Sidhi, Singrauli, Anuppur, Dindori and Mandla districts but
preparations to tackle them were inadequate.
After every big operation in Chhattisgarh, Naxals take
shelter in Madhya Pradesh but the State government is not
taking adequate measures against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown