MP govt not taking enough steps to tackle Naxalism: Ajay
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA and Chairman of
the party`s election campaign committee in Madhya Pradesh,
Ajay Singh has expressed doubts over the preparedness of the
State government in tackling Naxalite activities.
The Congress MLA in a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that posts of several
police officers were lying vacant in Sidhi district, which was
on the radar of Naxalites.
"This is a serious lapse on the part of the State
government," he said.
Singh said that naxal activities had increased in the
Sidhi, Singrauli, Anuppur, Dindori and Mandla districts but
preparations to tackle them were inadequate.
After every big operation in Chhattisgarh, Naxals take
shelter in Madhya Pradesh but the State government is not
taking adequate measures against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti