MP govt not taking enough steps to tackle Naxalism: Ajay
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA and Chairman of
the party`s election campaign committee in Madhya Pradesh,
Ajay Singh has expressed doubts over the preparedness of the
State government in tackling Naxalite activities.
The Congress MLA in a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that posts of several
police officers were lying vacant in Sidhi district, which was
on the radar of Naxalites.
"This is a serious lapse on the part of the State
government," he said.
Singh said that naxal activities had increased in the
Sidhi, Singrauli, Anuppur, Dindori and Mandla districts but
preparations to tackle them were inadequate.
After every big operation in Chhattisgarh, Naxals take
shelter in Madhya Pradesh but the State government is not
taking adequate measures against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down