MP govt not taking enough steps to tackle Naxalism: Ajay
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA and Chairman of
the party`s election campaign committee in Madhya Pradesh,
Ajay Singh has expressed doubts over the preparedness of the
State government in tackling Naxalite activities.
The Congress MLA in a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that posts of several
police officers were lying vacant in Sidhi district, which was
on the radar of Naxalites.
"This is a serious lapse on the part of the State
government," he said.
Singh said that naxal activities had increased in the
Sidhi, Singrauli, Anuppur, Dindori and Mandla districts but
preparations to tackle them were inadequate.
After every big operation in Chhattisgarh, Naxals take
shelter in Madhya Pradesh but the State government is not
taking adequate measures against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi