MP govt not taking enough steps to tackle Naxalism: Ajay
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA and Chairman of
the party`s election campaign committee in Madhya Pradesh,
Ajay Singh has expressed doubts over the preparedness of the
State government in tackling Naxalite activities.
The Congress MLA in a letter to Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that posts of several
police officers were lying vacant in Sidhi district, which was
on the radar of Naxalites.
"This is a serious lapse on the part of the State
government," he said.
Singh said that naxal activities had increased in the
Sidhi, Singrauli, Anuppur, Dindori and Mandla districts but
preparations to tackle them were inadequate.
After every big operation in Chhattisgarh, Naxals take
shelter in Madhya Pradesh but the State government is not
taking adequate measures against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31