MP govt planning to build replica of Carbide plant
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government is
planning to build a replica of the Union Carbide plant in
Bhopal, where the gas leak disaster took place in December
Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur said on Sunday
that the replica would be in place before the plant is
dismantled for decontamination of the area.
The minister said the part of the factory from where
lethal Methyl Iso Cyanate (MIC) leaked on the intervening
night of December 2-3, 1984, killing hundreds of people, would
be preserved for posterity.
Regarding incineration of chemical waste on the plant
premises, Gaur said the government would abide by the
directives of the Supreme Court in this regard.
He added that both Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh and
Ankaleshwar in Gujarat had been ruled out as incineration
sites, following protests from local residents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India