MP govt planning to build replica of Carbide plant
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government is
planning to build a replica of the Union Carbide plant in
Bhopal, where the gas leak disaster took place in December
Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur said on Sunday
that the replica would be in place before the plant is
dismantled for decontamination of the area.
The minister said the part of the factory from where
lethal Methyl Iso Cyanate (MIC) leaked on the intervening
night of December 2-3, 1984, killing hundreds of people, would
be preserved for posterity.
Regarding incineration of chemical waste on the plant
premises, Gaur said the government would abide by the
directives of the Supreme Court in this regard.
He added that both Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh and
Ankaleshwar in Gujarat had been ruled out as incineration
sites, following protests from local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?