MP govt planning to build replica of Carbide plant
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government is
planning to build a replica of the Union Carbide plant in
Bhopal, where the gas leak disaster took place in December
Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur said on Sunday
that the replica would be in place before the plant is
dismantled for decontamination of the area.
The minister said the part of the factory from where
lethal Methyl Iso Cyanate (MIC) leaked on the intervening
night of December 2-3, 1984, killing hundreds of people, would
be preserved for posterity.
Regarding incineration of chemical waste on the plant
premises, Gaur said the government would abide by the
directives of the Supreme Court in this regard.
He added that both Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh and
Ankaleshwar in Gujarat had been ruled out as incineration
sites, following protests from local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof