MP govt planning to build replica of Carbide plant
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government is
planning to build a replica of the Union Carbide plant in
Bhopal, where the gas leak disaster took place in December
Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur said on Sunday
that the replica would be in place before the plant is
dismantled for decontamination of the area.
The minister said the part of the factory from where
lethal Methyl Iso Cyanate (MIC) leaked on the intervening
night of December 2-3, 1984, killing hundreds of people, would
be preserved for posterity.
Regarding incineration of chemical waste on the plant
premises, Gaur said the government would abide by the
directives of the Supreme Court in this regard.
He added that both Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh and
Ankaleshwar in Gujarat had been ruled out as incineration
sites, following protests from local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!
- Iraqi forces prepare offensive on IS-held Falluja, urge residents to leave
- Wondering what country to live in according to your zodiac sign? - Find out