MP govt planning to build replica of Carbide plant
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government is
planning to build a replica of the Union Carbide plant in
Bhopal, where the gas leak disaster took place in December
Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur said on Sunday
that the replica would be in place before the plant is
dismantled for decontamination of the area.
The minister said the part of the factory from where
lethal Methyl Iso Cyanate (MIC) leaked on the intervening
night of December 2-3, 1984, killing hundreds of people, would
be preserved for posterity.
Regarding incineration of chemical waste on the plant
premises, Gaur said the government would abide by the
directives of the Supreme Court in this regard.
He added that both Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh and
Ankaleshwar in Gujarat had been ruled out as incineration
sites, following protests from local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH