MP Govt proposes to set up Bhopal gas tragedy memorial
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday said it has
received a Rs 116-crore proposal from the Madhya Pradesh
government for setting up a memorial for Bhopal gas tragedy
"A proposal for the construction of a Bhopal gas tragedy
memorial, with an estimated expenditure of Rs 116.18 crore,
was received again from the government of Madhya Pradesh in
November 2009," Minister of State for Chemicals and
Fertilisers Srikant Kumar Jena said in response to a written
query in the Lok Sabha today.
He said that though the Madhya Pradesh government had
sent a similar proposal to the Centre in December 2005, it
was asked to take up the matter with the Planning Commission.
"The government of Madhya Pradesh has again been advised
to take up the matter directly with the Planning Commission
for the required funds," Jena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city