`MP govt protecting mining, liquor mafia`
Morena: Leader of Opposition in Madhya
Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Saturday charged the BJP government
in the state with giving protection to mining and liquor
"Illegal mining is at its peak in many districts in
Madhya Pradesh at present. There is no doubt that illegal
mining and liquor mafia cannot flourish without the protection
of the state government," said Singh, who visited the spot
where young IPS officer, Narendra Kumar Singh was crushed to
death on Holi.
He later told the media that the law and order situation
in the state has totally collapsed and the state government
was doing nothing to improve it.
Ajay said on the day the IPS officer was killed, the
liquor mafia had beaten up another such officer in Bhind
district and a day earlier, an assistant sub-inspector of
police had been murdered at Mandleshwar in Khargone district.
He said a situation of anarchy was prevailing in Madhya
Pradesh and to oppose this, the Congress has given a call for
a state-wide bandh on March 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'