`MP govt protecting mining, liquor mafia`
Morena: Leader of Opposition in Madhya
Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Saturday charged the BJP government
in the state with giving protection to mining and liquor
"Illegal mining is at its peak in many districts in
Madhya Pradesh at present. There is no doubt that illegal
mining and liquor mafia cannot flourish without the protection
of the state government," said Singh, who visited the spot
where young IPS officer, Narendra Kumar Singh was crushed to
death on Holi.
He later told the media that the law and order situation
in the state has totally collapsed and the state government
was doing nothing to improve it.
Ajay said on the day the IPS officer was killed, the
liquor mafia had beaten up another such officer in Bhind
district and a day earlier, an assistant sub-inspector of
police had been murdered at Mandleshwar in Khargone district.
He said a situation of anarchy was prevailing in Madhya
Pradesh and to oppose this, the Congress has given a call for
a state-wide bandh on March 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1