MP govt seeks legal opinion in NCSC warrant against CS
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government is seeking
a legal opinion on the issuance of arrest warrant against the
State Chief Secretary, Avni Vaish, by the National Commission
for Scheduled Caste (NCSC).
The NCSC issued the warrant against Vaish yesterday after
he allegedly failed to turn up before it following summons
issued to him in connection with a complaint. The complaint
had alleged that candidates belonging to general category were
promoted to fill the posts reserved for SC in government
"The government is seeking a legal opinion on the issue
and would come out with its stand in the matter by tomorrow,"
Parliamentary Affairs Minister and State Cabinet Spokesman,
Narottam Mishra told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The Cabinet meeting headed by Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan today decided to allot 10 hectare land to Bhopal
Medical Trust for constructing a medical college. It also
decided to allot land to energy department for handing over to
power distribution and transmission companies of the state.
Besides, the cabinet also decided to give promotional
benefits to 80,000 teachers appointed as Shikshakarmi and
later absorb them in Adhyapak cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video