MP govt seeks legal opinion in NCSC warrant against CS
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government is seeking
a legal opinion on the issuance of arrest warrant against the
State Chief Secretary, Avni Vaish, by the National Commission
for Scheduled Caste (NCSC).
The NCSC issued the warrant against Vaish yesterday after
he allegedly failed to turn up before it following summons
issued to him in connection with a complaint. The complaint
had alleged that candidates belonging to general category were
promoted to fill the posts reserved for SC in government
"The government is seeking a legal opinion on the issue
and would come out with its stand in the matter by tomorrow,"
Parliamentary Affairs Minister and State Cabinet Spokesman,
Narottam Mishra told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The Cabinet meeting headed by Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan today decided to allot 10 hectare land to Bhopal
Medical Trust for constructing a medical college. It also
decided to allot land to energy department for handing over to
power distribution and transmission companies of the state.
Besides, the cabinet also decided to give promotional
benefits to 80,000 teachers appointed as Shikshakarmi and
later absorb them in Adhyapak cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players