MP govt shields those involved in labourers` deaths: Congress
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh assembly Opposition leader Ajay Singh on Sunday charged the BJP government of protecting the man responsible for the death of 14 labourers in Rewa district.
In a letter to MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he said that no case had been registered even a week after 10 labourers died in a wall collapse at Rewa`s rice mills.
Ajay alleged that all this happened because contractor Mahendra Shukla is related to the MP Energy Minister Rajendra Shukla who is in-charge of Rewa district.
He alleged the same contractor was responsible for the death of four labourers while constructing a wall for the Rani Lake.
He said that Chouhan should give up his affection for the minister and instead look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information