MP govt to build 8,000 houses for police personnel
Bhopal: In order to provide better amenities to police personnel, Madhya Pradesh government has decided to build 8,000 houses for them at an estimated cost of over Rs 993 crore.
The decision to construct 8,000 houses for the police personnel was taken by the state Cabinet at its meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday, official sources said.
Under the plan, these houses will be constructed till 2014-15, the sources said.
Nearly Rs 993.28 crore will be spent on the project, out of which HUDCO will provide Rs 889 crore as loan while the state government will give Rs 104.28 crore for the scheme.
For getting loan with HUDCO, the state government will stand as a guarantor. The Cabinet also decided to give the status of tehsil to Nai Sarai in Ashok Nagar district, Udaynagar in Dewas district and sanctioned the post of tehsildar and other staff for the purpose, sources said.
With an aim to rationalise the land allotment process for setting up industries in the state, the government has decided to create a land bank of the available undisputed land so that investors do not have any problem in getting it, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India