MP govt to give Rs 10L to kin of 3 jawans killed in Naxal strike
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government on Wednesday announced compensation of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of the three jawans from the state who were killed in the Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh.
The government directed the collectors of Satna, Morena and Anuppur districts to perform the last rites of the martyred jawans with full state honours.
The directives in this regard were issued by MP Chief Secretary Antony DeSa to the three collectors via video-conferencing, official sources said.
DeSa also directed them to provide compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of the slain jawans.
The three jawans from MP - Manmohan Singh Parihar of Semri village in Satna district, Nahar Singh of Sethra Badai village in Morena district and Shobhnath Rathore of Harri village in Anuppur district - were among the 16 people killed yesterday in a Naxal ambush on a security patrol in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing