MP govt to give Rs 10L to kin of 3 jawans killed in Naxal strike
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government on Wednesday announced compensation of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of the three jawans from the state who were killed in the Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh.
The government directed the collectors of Satna, Morena and Anuppur districts to perform the last rites of the martyred jawans with full state honours.
The directives in this regard were issued by MP Chief Secretary Antony DeSa to the three collectors via video- conferencing, official sources said.
DeSa also directed them to provide compensation of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of the slain jawans.
The three jawans from MP Manmohan Singh Parihar of Semri village in Satna district, Nahar Singh of Sethra Badai village in Morena district and Shobhnath Rathore of Harri village in Anuppur district were among the 16 people killed yesterday in a Naxal ambush on a security patrol in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand