MP govt to set up task force to curb crimes against women
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has decided to set up a special task force to check crimes against women in the state, an official release said on Wednesday.
The decision was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan yesterday.
The task force would be headed by the Chief Minister, the release stated.
During the meet, Chouhan held talks with state officials and directed them to take necessary measures in this regard.
"The Chief Minister directed the authorities to take cognisance of every incident of crime against women. He asked them to undertake immediate measures and assured that a long-term action plan will be chalked out and implemented in the state," it said.
Chouhan said such incidents of crime happening in the state and the entire country were "distressing".
He said efforts should be made to ensure that the accused do not go scot-free, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state