MP govt to set up task force to curb crimes against women
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has decided to set up a special task force to check crimes against women in the state, an official release said on Wednesday.
The decision was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan yesterday.
The task force would be headed by the Chief Minister, the release stated.
During the meet, Chouhan held talks with state officials and directed them to take necessary measures in this regard.
"The Chief Minister directed the authorities to take cognisance of every incident of crime against women. He asked them to undertake immediate measures and assured that a long-term action plan will be chalked out and implemented in the state," it said.
Chouhan said such incidents of crime happening in the state and the entire country were "distressing".
He said efforts should be made to ensure that the accused do not go scot-free, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery