MP govt treating protesting farmers badly: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday condemned the treatment given by the government to the farmers opposing land acquisition in Katni district.
"I demand that strict action be taken against the officials," Ajay said in a statement here.
The manner in which the state government was treating former MLA Saroj Bachchan Nayak, who was leading the agitation, was not only "inhuman but undemocratic", the Congress leader said.
Saroj was arrested and taken to the Jabalpur Central Jail; but as the jail had closed for the day when she reached, she had to spend the night in the open, Ajay alleged, saying that it showed the insensitivity of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket