MP govt treating protesting farmers badly: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday condemned the treatment given by the government to the farmers opposing land acquisition in Katni district.
"I demand that strict action be taken against the officials," Ajay said in a statement here.
The manner in which the state government was treating former MLA Saroj Bachchan Nayak, who was leading the agitation, was not only "inhuman but undemocratic", the Congress leader said.
Saroj was arrested and taken to the Jabalpur Central Jail; but as the jail had closed for the day when she reached, she had to spend the night in the open, Ajay alleged, saying that it showed the insensitivity of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days