MP govt treating protesting farmers badly: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday condemned the treatment given by the government to the farmers opposing land acquisition in Katni district.
"I demand that strict action be taken against the officials," Ajay said in a statement here.
The manner in which the state government was treating former MLA Saroj Bachchan Nayak, who was leading the agitation, was not only "inhuman but undemocratic", the Congress leader said.
Saroj was arrested and taken to the Jabalpur Central Jail; but as the jail had closed for the day when she reached, she had to spend the night in the open, Ajay alleged, saying that it showed the insensitivity of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'