MP govt treating protesting farmers badly: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday condemned the treatment given by the government to the farmers opposing land acquisition in Katni district.
"I demand that strict action be taken against the officials," Ajay said in a statement here.
The manner in which the state government was treating former MLA Saroj Bachchan Nayak, who was leading the agitation, was not only "inhuman but undemocratic", the Congress leader said.
Saroj was arrested and taken to the Jabalpur Central Jail; but as the jail had closed for the day when she reached, she had to spend the night in the open, Ajay alleged, saying that it showed the insensitivity of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?