MP govt treating protesting farmers badly: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday condemned the treatment given by the government to the farmers opposing land acquisition in Katni district.
"I demand that strict action be taken against the officials," Ajay said in a statement here.
The manner in which the state government was treating former MLA Saroj Bachchan Nayak, who was leading the agitation, was not only "inhuman but undemocratic", the Congress leader said.
Saroj was arrested and taken to the Jabalpur Central Jail; but as the jail had closed for the day when she reached, she had to spend the night in the open, Ajay alleged, saying that it showed the insensitivity of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'