MP HC asks Rajasthan ATS to present Ajmer blast suspect
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court has
directed the Rajasthan ATS to produce a suspect in the Ajmer
blast before it on May 21.
A division bench of the HC, comprising Justice A K
Shrivastava and Justice N K Modi yesterday also issued
notices on the respondents including Rajasthan government, CBI
and Rajasthan ATS.
The order came on a habeas corpus petition filed by the
family of Ajmer blast suspect Chandrashekhar Barod (40), who
alleged that the respondents have not provided information
about Chandrashekhar`s whereabouts after he was picked up by
them from Nadvoday School at Arnaya Kala in Shajapur district.
Barod`s advocate Bhuvan Deshmukh said that the Rajasthan
ATS and CBI arrested Chandrashekhar unlawfully and he was
forced to sit in a SUV on April 30.
Chandrashekhar had gone to fetch his daughter home from
school when he was taken away, the petition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges