MP HC asks Rajasthan ATS to present Ajmer blast suspect
Indore: Madhya Pradesh High Court has
directed the Rajasthan ATS to produce a suspect in the Ajmer
blast before it on May 21.
A division bench of the HC, comprising Justice A K
Shrivastava and Justice N K Modi yesterday also issued
notices on the respondents including Rajasthan government, CBI
and Rajasthan ATS.
The order came on a habeas corpus petition filed by the
family of Ajmer blast suspect Chandrashekhar Barod (40), who
alleged that the respondents have not provided information
about Chandrashekhar`s whereabouts after he was picked up by
them from Nadvoday School at Arnaya Kala in Shajapur district.
Barod`s advocate Bhuvan Deshmukh said that the Rajasthan
ATS and CBI arrested Chandrashekhar unlawfully and he was
forced to sit in a SUV on April 30.
Chandrashekhar had gone to fetch his daughter home from
school when he was taken away, the petition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet