MP HC judge recuses self from MPCA case
Indore: Justice S K Seth of the Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh High Court on Thursday refused to hear the case related to disqualification of 20 members of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA), and referred it to the Chief Justice.
No relief was granted to any of the 19 petitioners, who have challenged termination of their membership of MPCA by the Registrar of Firms and Societies, ahead of annual elections of the state cricket body on August 26.
Justice Seth referred the case to the Chief Justice, after H S Sodhi, one of the petitioners, alleged that they may not get justice due to political pressure and interference, Additional Advocate General Manoj Dwivedi, said while talking to reporters later.
Sodhi also told the High Court that a writ petition on the matter was already filed before the Jabalpur bench.
This petition said there is a "lot of political overtone" to the dispute.
MPCA president and Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia and former India player Narendra Hirwani also lost their memberships, but they have not moved the high court. Of the 19 petitions, one is by MPCA.
The termination followed complaint by MPCA member Leeladhar Paliwal. MPCA Chairman M K Bhargawa had alleged that state Industry and Commerce Minister Kailash Vijayvergiya was behind the termination of memberships.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents