MP HC judge recuses self from MPCA case
Indore: Justice S K Seth of the Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh High Court on Thursday refused to hear the case related to disqualification of 20 members of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA), and referred it to the Chief Justice.
No relief was granted to any of the 19 petitioners, who have challenged termination of their membership of MPCA by the Registrar of Firms and Societies, ahead of annual elections of the state cricket body on August 26.
Justice Seth referred the case to the Chief Justice, after H S Sodhi, one of the petitioners, alleged that they may not get justice due to political pressure and interference, Additional Advocate General Manoj Dwivedi, said while talking to reporters later.
Sodhi also told the High Court that a writ petition on the matter was already filed before the Jabalpur bench.
This petition said there is a "lot of political overtone" to the dispute.
MPCA president and Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia and former India player Narendra Hirwani also lost their memberships, but they have not moved the high court. Of the 19 petitions, one is by MPCA.
The termination followed complaint by MPCA member Leeladhar Paliwal. MPCA Chairman M K Bhargawa had alleged that state Industry and Commerce Minister Kailash Vijayvergiya was behind the termination of memberships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced