MP HC orders CBI probe into Ratangarh Devi temple stampede
Gwalior: The MP High Court`s Gwalior Bench on Tuesday ordered a CBI probe into the Ratangarh Devi temple stampede case, which claimed 115 lives in Datia district, on October 13, during the Navratri festival.
The Division Bench of Justice SK Gangele and Justice GD Saxena ordered CBI probe into the case after a petition filed by RTI activist Gaurav Pandey.
The petitioner said that though the MP government had constituted a judicial commission and the State`s Human Rights Commission is also probing the matter, victims would get justice only when the CBI probes the case.
The bench directed the CBI to probe whether police had charged bribes from pilgrims for passing through the bridge, if any rumour were spread that the bridge is about to collapse, whether policemen had thrown dead and injured pilgrims into the Sindh river and whether there was any negligence on the part of the police before or after the tragedy.
The court also directed the CBI to probe the role of then Collector and Superintendent of Police (SP) as well as other officials in its probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack