MP HC orders CBI probe into Ratangarh Devi temple stampede
Gwalior: The MP High Court`s Gwalior Bench on Tuesday ordered a CBI probe into the Ratangarh Devi temple stampede case, which claimed 115 lives in Datia district, on October 13, during the Navratri festival.
The Division Bench of Justice SK Gangele and Justice GD Saxena ordered CBI probe into the case after a petition filed by RTI activist Gaurav Pandey.
The petitioner said that though the MP government had constituted a judicial commission and the State`s Human Rights Commission is also probing the matter, victims would get justice only when the CBI probes the case.
The bench directed the CBI to probe whether police had charged bribes from pilgrims for passing through the bridge, if any rumour were spread that the bridge is about to collapse, whether policemen had thrown dead and injured pilgrims into the Sindh river and whether there was any negligence on the part of the police before or after the tragedy.
The court also directed the CBI to probe the role of then Collector and Superintendent of Police (SP) as well as other officials in its probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof