MP: HC upholds dismissal of petition by BJP MLA
Gwalior: The Madhya Pradesh High Court has upheld an earlier order of a single bench of the court dismissing the writ petition filed by BJP MLA, Rajendra Saluja in a caste certificate case.
A court bench here comprising Justice S K Gangele and Justice B K Dubey yesterday also fixed Rs 50,000 as cost money to be deposted by Saluja for wasting the court`s time.
Saluja is a BJP MLA from Guna which is a reserved seat for Scheduled Castes candidate.
The two judges observed that the papers submitted by Saluja to support his claim for Scheduled Castes reserved constituency were not proper and appeared to be fake.
Saluja contested the 2008 assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh from Guna on a Bharatiya Jana Shakti (BJS) party ticket but he later joined the BJP.
The state government had also referred the matter to a scrutiny committee which in its report suggested that the caste certificate given by Saluja was based on a false affidavit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation