MP High Court files chargesheet against Digvijay
Indore: The Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh High
Court has directed the Economic and Offence Wing to file a
chargesheet by June 30 against former Chief Minister Digvijay
Singh and 11 others in connection with alleged irregularities
committed during construction of a shopping mall.
A division bench comprising Justices Prakash Shrivastava and
S K Seth yesterday gave the direction while hearing a petition
filed by Mahesh Garg stating that the state EOW was
dilly-dallying in the Treasure Mall case, petitioner`s
counsel Manohar Dalal said.
In his petition, Garg stated that though the EOW registered
a case against Digvijay and 11 others in February 2009, it was
dragging its feet in the probe.
Garg has lodged a complaint with the EOW alleging that gross
irregularities have been committed in collusion with the state
machinery to favour the mall directors unlawfully.
Following the complaint, the EOW registered a case against
Digvijay, then State Housing and Environment Minister Choudhay
Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, former Madhya Pradesh Housing Board
Chairman C Shekhar, shopping mall owner Manish Kalani and
others in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley