MP High Court files chargesheet against Digvijay
Indore: The Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh High
Court has directed the Economic and Offence Wing to file a
chargesheet by June 30 against former Chief Minister Digvijay
Singh and 11 others in connection with alleged irregularities
committed during construction of a shopping mall.
A division bench comprising Justices Prakash Shrivastava and
S K Seth yesterday gave the direction while hearing a petition
filed by Mahesh Garg stating that the state EOW was
dilly-dallying in the Treasure Mall case, petitioner`s
counsel Manohar Dalal said.
In his petition, Garg stated that though the EOW registered
a case against Digvijay and 11 others in February 2009, it was
dragging its feet in the probe.
Garg has lodged a complaint with the EOW alleging that gross
irregularities have been committed in collusion with the state
machinery to favour the mall directors unlawfully.
Following the complaint, the EOW registered a case against
Digvijay, then State Housing and Environment Minister Choudhay
Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, former Madhya Pradesh Housing Board
Chairman C Shekhar, shopping mall owner Manish Kalani and
others in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!