MP High Court files chargesheet against Digvijay
Indore: The Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh High
Court has directed the Economic and Offence Wing to file a
chargesheet by June 30 against former Chief Minister Digvijay
Singh and 11 others in connection with alleged irregularities
committed during construction of a shopping mall.
A division bench comprising Justices Prakash Shrivastava and
S K Seth yesterday gave the direction while hearing a petition
filed by Mahesh Garg stating that the state EOW was
dilly-dallying in the Treasure Mall case, petitioner`s
counsel Manohar Dalal said.
In his petition, Garg stated that though the EOW registered
a case against Digvijay and 11 others in February 2009, it was
dragging its feet in the probe.
Garg has lodged a complaint with the EOW alleging that gross
irregularities have been committed in collusion with the state
machinery to favour the mall directors unlawfully.
Following the complaint, the EOW registered a case against
Digvijay, then State Housing and Environment Minister Choudhay
Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, former Madhya Pradesh Housing Board
Chairman C Shekhar, shopping mall owner Manish Kalani and
others in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY