MP High Court files chargesheet against Digvijay
Indore: The Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh High
Court has directed the Economic and Offence Wing to file a
chargesheet by June 30 against former Chief Minister Digvijay
Singh and 11 others in connection with alleged irregularities
committed during construction of a shopping mall.
A division bench comprising Justices Prakash Shrivastava and
S K Seth yesterday gave the direction while hearing a petition
filed by Mahesh Garg stating that the state EOW was
dilly-dallying in the Treasure Mall case, petitioner`s
counsel Manohar Dalal said.
In his petition, Garg stated that though the EOW registered
a case against Digvijay and 11 others in February 2009, it was
dragging its feet in the probe.
Garg has lodged a complaint with the EOW alleging that gross
irregularities have been committed in collusion with the state
machinery to favour the mall directors unlawfully.
Following the complaint, the EOW registered a case against
Digvijay, then State Housing and Environment Minister Choudhay
Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, former Madhya Pradesh Housing Board
Chairman C Shekhar, shopping mall owner Manish Kalani and
others in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical