MP High Court issues notices on Pataudi family`s petition
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the state government on a petition filed by members of the erstwhile royal family of Bhopal, including Sharmila Tagore, on the issue of government`s "interference" with the 800 acres of land near Bhopal`s Upper Lake.
The notices were issued by the bench headed by Justice Rajendra Menon yesterday to the State, the officials of Urban Administration, Revenue, Town and Country Planning Department, Bhopal Collector and the Bhopal Municipal Corporation.
The petitioners, including Bollywood stars Sharmila Tagore, Saif Ali Khan, Soha and Saba Ali Khan Pataudi claim that the land belongs to Pataudi family, which has been using it for farming and other activities for long, but the state officials were interfering with its usage.
The court has fixed March 18 as the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016