MP High Court issues notices on Pataudi family`s petition
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court has issued notices to the state government on a petition filed by members of the erstwhile royal family of Bhopal, including Sharmila Tagore, on the issue of government`s "interference" with the 800 acres of land near Bhopal`s Upper Lake.
The notices were issued by the bench headed by Justice Rajendra Menon yesterday to the State, the officials of Urban Administration, Revenue, Town and Country Planning Department, Bhopal Collector and the Bhopal Municipal Corporation.
The petitioners, including Bollywood stars Sharmila Tagore, Saif Ali Khan, Soha and Saba Ali Khan Pataudi claim that the land belongs to Pataudi family, which has been using it for farming and other activities for long, but the state officials were interfering with its usage.
The court has fixed March 18 as the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!