MP: Hotel manager held after 13-year-old boy drowns in pool
Indore: A 13-year-old boy was drowned in a swimming pool of a private hotel yesterday after which the police arrested the hotel manager and the coach on Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred when the boy identified as Ritesh Kushwaha went to the hotel along with his friends, where the hotel management charged Rs 20 each for using the swimming pool from those visiting the hotel without any security measures, police said.
Ritesh along with his friends went to the hotel without informing his parents. He was swimming when suddenly another boy unknowingly pushed him and he slipped into the deep waters, where he drowned, Additional SP (East) Dilip Soni told PTI.
Kushwaha took Rs 150 from his parents for purchasing books, but went to the hotel along with his friends where the mishap took place, Soni said.
At the time of incident nearly 45 people were present in the pool, he said.
The arrested employees were identified as the hotel’s manager Tekchand Thapa and coach Shyam, the police said, adding that hotel owner Omprakash Pal is absconding.
A case under Section 304 A of the Indian Penal Code was registered against them in this regard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok