MP: Hotel manager held after 13-year-old boy drowns in pool
Indore: A 13-year-old boy was drowned in a swimming pool of a private hotel yesterday after which the police arrested the hotel manager and the coach on Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred when the boy identified as Ritesh Kushwaha went to the hotel along with his friends, where the hotel management charged Rs 20 each for using the swimming pool from those visiting the hotel without any security measures, police said.
Ritesh along with his friends went to the hotel without informing his parents. He was swimming when suddenly another boy unknowingly pushed him and he slipped into the deep waters, where he drowned, Additional SP (East) Dilip Soni told PTI.
Kushwaha took Rs 150 from his parents for purchasing books, but went to the hotel along with his friends where the mishap took place, Soni said.
At the time of incident nearly 45 people were present in the pool, he said.
The arrested employees were identified as the hotel’s manager Tekchand Thapa and coach Shyam, the police said, adding that hotel owner Omprakash Pal is absconding.
A case under Section 304 A of the Indian Penal Code was registered against them in this regard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England