MP: Hotel manager held after 13-year-old boy drowns in pool
Indore: A 13-year-old boy was drowned in a swimming pool of a private hotel yesterday after which the police arrested the hotel manager and the coach on Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred when the boy identified as Ritesh Kushwaha went to the hotel along with his friends, where the hotel management charged Rs 20 each for using the swimming pool from those visiting the hotel without any security measures, police said.
Ritesh along with his friends went to the hotel without informing his parents. He was swimming when suddenly another boy unknowingly pushed him and he slipped into the deep waters, where he drowned, Additional SP (East) Dilip Soni told PTI.
Kushwaha took Rs 150 from his parents for purchasing books, but went to the hotel along with his friends where the mishap took place, Soni said.
At the time of incident nearly 45 people were present in the pool, he said.
The arrested employees were identified as the hotel’s manager Tekchand Thapa and coach Shyam, the police said, adding that hotel owner Omprakash Pal is absconding.
A case under Section 304 A of the Indian Penal Code was registered against them in this regard, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'