MP: Hotel manager held after 13-year-old boy drowns in pool
Indore: A 13-year-old boy was drowned in a swimming pool of a private hotel yesterday after which the police arrested the hotel manager and the coach on Sunday, police said.
The incident occurred when the boy identified as Ritesh Kushwaha went to the hotel along with his friends, where the hotel management charged Rs 20 each for using the swimming pool from those visiting the hotel without any security measures, police said.
Ritesh along with his friends went to the hotel without informing his parents. He was swimming when suddenly another boy unknowingly pushed him and he slipped into the deep waters, where he drowned, Additional SP (East) Dilip Soni told PTI.
Kushwaha took Rs 150 from his parents for purchasing books, but went to the hotel along with his friends where the mishap took place, Soni said.
At the time of incident nearly 45 people were present in the pool, he said.
The arrested employees were identified as the hotel’s manager Tekchand Thapa and coach Shyam, the police said, adding that hotel owner Omprakash Pal is absconding.
A case under Section 304 A of the Indian Penal Code was registered against them in this regard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar