MP House adjourned over I-T raids on two bizmen
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was adjourned till tomorrow after noisy scenes were witnessed today in the House over main Opposition Congress` demand for a discussion over income tax raids on two businessmen here.
After the Question Hour ended, Opposition Congress members led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh insisted that the House discuss the issue of raids conducted last month against the two businessmen -- Dilip Singh Suryavanshi and Sudhir Sharma -- known to be close to the ruling BJP.
Responding to this, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra said the House rules did not allow discussion on raids conducted by a central agency.
However, Deputy Leader of Congress Legislature Party, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi countered this by saying, when Congress was in power in 2000, the BJP had moved an adjournment motion related to IT raids on a businessman.
The Deputy Leader also said it was strange that the BJP had adopted one policy when in Opposition and another when in power.
In a brief intervention, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said he was firmly against corruption but pointed out that there cannot be any discussion on the raids without any substance.
Earlier, following similar noisy scenes, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani had adjourned the House for half-an-hour but when they continued even after the House resumed its sitting, it forced him to adjourn the House till tomorrow morning.
Amidst these scenes, Narottam Mishra moved a resolution on the hike in fertiliser prices on which no discussion was held today as ruckus continued in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow