MP House adjourned over Speaker`s ruling
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was
on Wednesday adjourned for the day amid din, after Speaker Ishwardas
Rohani turned down the breach of privilege motion moved by
main Opposition Congress over the issue of arrest of its MLA,
Rohani turned down the motion on the ground that the
matter is sub-judice and the arrest did not take place in
the House premises.
Parulekar was arrested from Mahidpur in Ujjain, a few
days back for allegedly displaying a morphed photograph of RSS
Head, Mohan Bhagwat with MP Lokayukta, P P Naolekar.
The motion was moved during Question Hour and this was
opposed vociferously by the treasury benches and when the
Opposition also started countering them on the issue, the
House plunged into turmoil following which the Speaker
adjourned it twice for fifteen minutes each.
After the Question Hour, the matter was again raised
by the Opposition after which Speaker allowed the members to
express their views on the issue.
Deputy Leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP),
Choudhry Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi said that as per the rules of
the house no MLA or person can be arrested by the police for
doing anything unlawful in the Assembly premises until the
Speaker permits the police to do so.
He said that it is not only the violation of the
privileges of the members but also encroachment on the rights
of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police