MP IAS officer`s wife passes away in SA after heart attack
Bhopal: Neeti Shrivastava, wife of 1984 batch IAS officer, AP Shrivastava passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest in South Africa.
She breathed her last yesterday. Neeti (48) is survived by her husband and two daughters one of whom is studying while the another is working.
The Principal Secretary, Commercial Taxes, A P Shrivastava was at Johannesburg in South Africa on an official visit and his wife Neeti had accompanied him.
Neeti was a reader in the department of Economic and Planning at Barkatullah University here. She was in a hotel and her husband was busy with official work outside when she suffered a heart attack.
Neeti called her husband who immediately rushed back to the hotel but she died by the time he arrived.
The body was being flown to India and the last rites would be performed here tomorrow.
State Chief Secretary, R Parasuram has condoled her untimely demise. In his message, he extended his heartfelt condolences to A P Shrivastava and his family.
The IAS Officers Wives Association (IASOWA), president Leena Parasuram has also expressed profound grief on Neeti`s demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today
- Michelle Obama endorses Hillary Clinton at Democratic Convention
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today