MP in list of top 10 states in MNREGA implementation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh is performing well in MNREGA implementation and is in the top 10 list of states in five categories, as per the Union government`s quarterly delivery monitoring unit (DMU) report.
Besides providing maximum employment to villagers with implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA), the state has also created permanent sources of livelihood, the DMU report released by the state government here today said.
Payment of Rs 120 per day is being made to labourers while wages are being paid depending on the quantum of work.
The DMU report is prepared on the basis of quarterly review of the Planning Commission of India.
As per the report for January-March this year, Madhya Pradesh retained its place in top-10 states in five of seven categories.
The state stands third in total expenditure under MNREGA, fifth in generating man-days and number of families completing 100-day labour, sixth in making employment available to families and tenth in generation of scheduled caste man-days.
According to monthly information system report of the Union government, employment has been made available under MNREGA by generating 94.31 lakh man-days.
As many as 4.89 lakh families were benefited, including 27 per cent STs, 20 per cent SCs and 42 per cent women.
It has been mentioned in the survey, conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore, that the implementation of the scheme has curtailed migration of people from villages.
According to the survey, 65 per cent villagers have admitted that their income has increased due to MNREGA and life has become prosperous.
They informed that their income has gone up to 24 per cent while 88 percent villagers lauded MNREGA`s role in creation of permanent assets in villages.
MNREGA has also increased agriculture production and villagers have been able to change crop pattern.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway