MP IPS officer murder case: Gurjar`s JC extended
Indore (MP): A special CBI court here today
extended till April 24, the judicial custody of suspected
mining mafia member Manoj Gurjar, arrested in connection with
the murder of young IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh in Morena
The arrested accused was today produced before the special
court of Dr Shubhra Singh where his remand was extended, the
Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla told reporters here.
Earlier on March 29, the special court had remanded Gurjar
in judicial custody till April 11.
Lodged in the Indore Central Jail, Gurjar is accused of
mowing down the 30-year-old officer, who was posted at the
Sub-Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP), at Bamore in Morena
district on March 8 when the latter tried to intercept a
tractor-trolley, allegedly laden with illegal mined stones,
driven by him.
The Madhya Pradesh government had handed over the
investigations into the murder to the CBI, after the
deceased`s wife, who is an IAS officer, sought probe by the
central agency into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory