MP is now growing at fast pace: Governor
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has registered an
impressive growth rate of over 10 percent in the last year of
11th Five-Year Plan and it is now counted among the fast
developing states, Governor Ram Naresh Yadav said on Thursday.
"In the last year of 11th Five-Year Plan (2007-12),
Madhya Pradesh has registered a growth rate of over 10 per
cent which is more than the national average. Madhya Pradesh,
once counted among the BIMARU (backward) states, is now
counted among the developing states of the country," he said.
The Governor was speaking after hoisting the national
flag at the Lal Parade Ground on the occasion of Republic Day.
He also took salute from the state police and other wings.
Agriculture growth rate in the state has crossed the 9
percent mark, he said adding despite facing adverse
conditions, farm production was rapidly increasing.
He praised the farmers and the State Government for
making agriculture a profitable venture.
Loan to farmers at 1 percent interest, formation of
agriculture Cabinet, bonus of Rs 100 and Rs 50 above MSP on
wheat and rice, respectively and focusing on farm-allied areas
like animal husbandry, cooperatives, horticulture, food
processing and fisheries are among the steps the state
government has taken in this regard, Yadav said.
From this year, there will be a separate budget for
agriculture. Prior to that an agriculture survey will be
presented, the Governor said.
He said the Public Service Guarantee Act, that covers
52 services, is being hailed nationwide. "This is a unique
example of state`s responsibility towards its citizens."
Referring to SC/STs, the Governor said Rs 8,000 crore
was spent in 2011-12 for the welfare of these sections.
The Government has decided to set up a Hindi
University in the name of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari
Vajpayee, the Governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore