MP is now growing at fast pace: Governor
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has registered an
impressive growth rate of over 10 percent in the last year of
11th Five-Year Plan and it is now counted among the fast
developing states, Governor Ram Naresh Yadav said on Thursday.
"In the last year of 11th Five-Year Plan (2007-12),
Madhya Pradesh has registered a growth rate of over 10 per
cent which is more than the national average. Madhya Pradesh,
once counted among the BIMARU (backward) states, is now
counted among the developing states of the country," he said.
The Governor was speaking after hoisting the national
flag at the Lal Parade Ground on the occasion of Republic Day.
He also took salute from the state police and other wings.
Agriculture growth rate in the state has crossed the 9
percent mark, he said adding despite facing adverse
conditions, farm production was rapidly increasing.
He praised the farmers and the State Government for
making agriculture a profitable venture.
Loan to farmers at 1 percent interest, formation of
agriculture Cabinet, bonus of Rs 100 and Rs 50 above MSP on
wheat and rice, respectively and focusing on farm-allied areas
like animal husbandry, cooperatives, horticulture, food
processing and fisheries are among the steps the state
government has taken in this regard, Yadav said.
From this year, there will be a separate budget for
agriculture. Prior to that an agriculture survey will be
presented, the Governor said.
He said the Public Service Guarantee Act, that covers
52 services, is being hailed nationwide. "This is a unique
example of state`s responsibility towards its citizens."
Referring to SC/STs, the Governor said Rs 8,000 crore
was spent in 2011-12 for the welfare of these sections.
The Government has decided to set up a Hindi
University in the name of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari
Vajpayee, the Governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand