MP jails to get CCTV cameras for safety of women prisoners
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has decided to install CCTV cameras in all the prisons in the state over the next five years for the safety of women inmates, official sources said.
The move comes in the wake of a 35-year-old woman undertrial allegedly getting pregnant in Jhabua jail.
"Secret cameras will be installed in all the prisons of Madhya Pradesh soon to keep an eye on the female prisoners and also to monitor who comes to meet them," sources in the jail headquarters said.
One CCTV camera each will be installed in the barracks meant for female prisoners, they added.
The State Finance Department has so far approved Rs 1.60 crore for installing 150 CCTV cameras in Bhopal and Indore jails.
"The decision to install CCTV cameras comes after a woman prisoner got pregnant inside a jail in the state," sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’