MP: Jal Satyagraha enters seventh day
Harda (MP): The Jal Satyagraha launched by the residents of Khardana village demanding lowering of water level in Indira Sagar Dam to 260 meter for rehabilitation of project-affected people entered the seventh day on Wednesday.
The current level of water in the dam has crossed 261.5 meters, following which, the backwaters of the reservoir has inundated land in number of villages including Khardana in Harda district. The villagers had been protesting by standing in water since the past seven days.
Negotiations between Harda Collector Dr S Khaade and protesters remained inconclusive as the issue of land for land and lowering water level upto 260 meter is beyond the district administration`s purview, the sources said.
A delegation of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA) has also reached the village to discuss the problems with the agitators.
Water has entered Bhainswada, Kazisarai and Sisjaya villages, following which, the district administration is shifting villagers of Bahinswada to safer places.
The collector said that those left in the survey for awarding compensation, are being covered in the fresh survey and those living in the villages would be allotted houses under Indira Awas Scheme.
The administration is keeping a constant vigil on the agitation, sources said adding that the state government had been informed about their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!