MP: Jal Satyagraha enters seventh day
Harda (MP): The Jal Satyagraha launched by the residents of Khardana village demanding lowering of water level in Indira Sagar Dam to 260 meter for rehabilitation of project-affected people entered the seventh day on Wednesday.
The current level of water in the dam has crossed 261.5 meters, following which, the backwaters of the reservoir has inundated land in number of villages including Khardana in Harda district. The villagers had been protesting by standing in water since the past seven days.
Negotiations between Harda Collector Dr S Khaade and protesters remained inconclusive as the issue of land for land and lowering water level upto 260 meter is beyond the district administration`s purview, the sources said.
A delegation of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA) has also reached the village to discuss the problems with the agitators.
Water has entered Bhainswada, Kazisarai and Sisjaya villages, following which, the district administration is shifting villagers of Bahinswada to safer places.
The collector said that those left in the survey for awarding compensation, are being covered in the fresh survey and those living in the villages would be allotted houses under Indira Awas Scheme.
The administration is keeping a constant vigil on the agitation, sources said adding that the state government had been informed about their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj