MP jawan killed by Naxals cremated with state honours
Balaghat: The mortal remains of
slain Madhya Pradesh policeman Harish Rahangdale were today
consigned to flames with full state honours at his ancestral
village Poprijhari in this district.
Rahangdale, a jawan with elite Hawk Force, was killed
yesterday in a Naxal ambush near Sitapala.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was present on
the occasion. He announced an ex-gratia of Rs 11 lakh to the
kin of Rahangdale and offered a government job to a member of
The Chief Minister also announced that his widow will
get a pension equal to his salary for the rest of her life.
He said if the Gram Panchayat concerned decides to
erect a memorial in memory of Rahangdale in the village, the
government will provide financial assistance for it.
Besides Chouhan, Balaghat district in-charge Minister
Nanabhai Mahod, Public Health Engineering Minister,
Gaurishankar Bisen, MP K D Deshmukh and Director General of
Police S K Rout were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed