MP jawan killed by Naxals cremated with state honours
Balaghat: The mortal remains of
slain Madhya Pradesh policeman Harish Rahangdale were today
consigned to flames with full state honours at his ancestral
village Poprijhari in this district.
Rahangdale, a jawan with elite Hawk Force, was killed
yesterday in a Naxal ambush near Sitapala.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was present on
the occasion. He announced an ex-gratia of Rs 11 lakh to the
kin of Rahangdale and offered a government job to a member of
The Chief Minister also announced that his widow will
get a pension equal to his salary for the rest of her life.
He said if the Gram Panchayat concerned decides to
erect a memorial in memory of Rahangdale in the village, the
government will provide financial assistance for it.
Besides Chouhan, Balaghat district in-charge Minister
Nanabhai Mahod, Public Health Engineering Minister,
Gaurishankar Bisen, MP K D Deshmukh and Director General of
Police S K Rout were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog