MP jawan killed by Naxals cremated with state honours
Balaghat: The mortal remains of
slain Madhya Pradesh policeman Harish Rahangdale were today
consigned to flames with full state honours at his ancestral
village Poprijhari in this district.
Rahangdale, a jawan with elite Hawk Force, was killed
yesterday in a Naxal ambush near Sitapala.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was present on
the occasion. He announced an ex-gratia of Rs 11 lakh to the
kin of Rahangdale and offered a government job to a member of
The Chief Minister also announced that his widow will
get a pension equal to his salary for the rest of her life.
He said if the Gram Panchayat concerned decides to
erect a memorial in memory of Rahangdale in the village, the
government will provide financial assistance for it.
Besides Chouhan, Balaghat district in-charge Minister
Nanabhai Mahod, Public Health Engineering Minister,
Gaurishankar Bisen, MP K D Deshmukh and Director General of
Police S K Rout were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says