MP leader of Oppn Ajay Singh demands arrest of RSS, BJP workers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Sunday demanded arrest of the BJP and RSS workers, whom he accused of pelting stones on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s vehicle in Dhar district.
"(Shivraj Singh) Chouhan (Chief Minister) should ensure the immediate arrest those 20 RSS and BJP workers against whom a report was filed, and provide full security to Congress leaders in the state," he said in a statement.
On August 30, stones were pelted on Digvijay`s vehicle, allegedly by BJP workers and activists of their frontal organisations, when he along with Ajay was travelling from Alirajpur to Indore.
Ajay also demanded withdrawal of cases against Congressmen "filed with an intention to settle scores" and also restrict RSS and BJP workers "trying to silence democracy" in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred