MP leader of Oppn Ajay Singh demands arrest of RSS, BJP workers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Sunday demanded arrest of the BJP and RSS workers, whom he accused of pelting stones on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s vehicle in Dhar district.
"(Shivraj Singh) Chouhan (Chief Minister) should ensure the immediate arrest those 20 RSS and BJP workers against whom a report was filed, and provide full security to Congress leaders in the state," he said in a statement.
On August 30, stones were pelted on Digvijay`s vehicle, allegedly by BJP workers and activists of their frontal organisations, when he along with Ajay was travelling from Alirajpur to Indore.
Ajay also demanded withdrawal of cases against Congressmen "filed with an intention to settle scores" and also restrict RSS and BJP workers "trying to silence democracy" in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?