MP leader of Oppn Ajay Singh demands arrest of RSS, BJP workers
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Sunday demanded arrest of the BJP and RSS workers, whom he accused of pelting stones on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s vehicle in Dhar district.
"(Shivraj Singh) Chouhan (Chief Minister) should ensure the immediate arrest those 20 RSS and BJP workers against whom a report was filed, and provide full security to Congress leaders in the state," he said in a statement.
On August 30, stones were pelted on Digvijay`s vehicle, allegedly by BJP workers and activists of their frontal organisations, when he along with Ajay was travelling from Alirajpur to Indore.
Ajay also demanded withdrawal of cases against Congressmen "filed with an intention to settle scores" and also restrict RSS and BJP workers "trying to silence democracy" in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore