MP leads in making public details of govt servants` property
Bhopal: After Madhya Pradesh made it mandatory for government officials to make public details of their immovable properties, it has perhaps become the first state in the country where nearly three lakh employees have made online declarations of their properties.
Among the 2,88,924 government servants who have made online declaration of their properties are 279 IAS officers, 205 IPS officers, 267 IFS officers, 645 of state
administrative service, 487 of state police service and 696 of public prosecution, an official release said here today.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has taken this initiative in order to bring about greater transparency in governance and avert possibilities of corruption, it said.
The order came in to effect from February 15 last year and the process of declaration of properties through official websites of concerned departments continues this year too.
Following the initiative, all government officials are submitting details of properties owned by them. Now the details of immovable properties of government servants are available for anybody to see online.
The initiative of compulsory declaration of properties by government officials every year and making it public through official websites is being emulated by other states also with Bihar government too implementing the same recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you