MP Lokayukta justifies Special court bill
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta on Sunday justified the state government`s proposed Special Court Bill
which provides for seizing the property of corrupt officials.
"It is a very important bill. Though we don`t say that
special courts for the trial of corruption cases should be set
up in all the districts of the state, but even if we get
six-seven such courts, it will be sufficient. But these courts
should be given responsibility to conduct trials only in
corruption cases," state Lokayukta P P Naolekar said.
Advocating for tough laws to deal with corruption, the
former Supreme Court Judge said that normally it was seen
that penal action takes place against a corrupt official, but
the black money generated by him remains with him as there is
no legal provision for its seizure.
If properties earned through corrupt means gets seized,
then naturally it becomes the property of government and it
can use it for opening hospitals or schools, he said.
To a question, Naolekar said that there should be a time
limit for the government to give its nod for prosecution in
corruption cases and if it does not take any stand, then it
should be considered as `deemed permission`.
The special court bill that was passed by the Madhya
Pradesh assembly has been sent to the Centre for its nod.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!