MP Lokayukta justifies Special court bill
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta on Sunday justified the state government`s proposed Special Court Bill
which provides for seizing the property of corrupt officials.
"It is a very important bill. Though we don`t say that
special courts for the trial of corruption cases should be set
up in all the districts of the state, but even if we get
six-seven such courts, it will be sufficient. But these courts
should be given responsibility to conduct trials only in
corruption cases," state Lokayukta P P Naolekar said.
Advocating for tough laws to deal with corruption, the
former Supreme Court Judge said that normally it was seen
that penal action takes place against a corrupt official, but
the black money generated by him remains with him as there is
no legal provision for its seizure.
If properties earned through corrupt means gets seized,
then naturally it becomes the property of government and it
can use it for opening hospitals or schools, he said.
To a question, Naolekar said that there should be a time
limit for the government to give its nod for prosecution in
corruption cases and if it does not take any stand, then it
should be considered as `deemed permission`.
The special court bill that was passed by the Madhya
Pradesh assembly has been sent to the Centre for its nod.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof