MP Lokayukta Police raids engineer
Ujjian: The Lokayukta Police on Tuesday nabbed an
assistant engineer with Ujjain Municipal Corporation (UMC) for
amassing disproportionate assets worth over Rs 15 crore.
On a tip off, the Lokayukta Police raided the residence of
RK Dwivedi posted with the UMC`s Public Health Engineering
Department and found that he was possessing properties worth
over Rs 15 crore, hugely beyond his known sources of income.
Lokayukta`s Ujjain SP, Arun Mishra told reporters that the
raid was conducted at the residence of Dwivedi situated in
Bahiravgarh area of the temple city.
Dwivedi was found to own two houses in Ujjain, nearly 50
acre of agriculture land, two houses in Indore, a dumper, a
tractor-trolley, three four-wheelers, two motorcycles, 16 bank
accounts, insurance policies worth Rs 9 lakh, 15 kg gold and
Rs 7,000 in cash, he said.
Today`s action comes close on the heels of a raid on the
residence of UMC revenue officer Kailash Sangte three days
ago. He was found to be in possession of property worth Rs 6
The Lokayukta police today also raided residences of
Brijesh Sharma, an inspector with Rajya Kalyan Mandir, and
unearthed disproportionate assets worth Rs 3 crore from him in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31