MP Lokayukta Police raids engineer
Ujjian: The Lokayukta Police on Tuesday nabbed an
assistant engineer with Ujjain Municipal Corporation (UMC) for
amassing disproportionate assets worth over Rs 15 crore.
On a tip off, the Lokayukta Police raided the residence of
RK Dwivedi posted with the UMC`s Public Health Engineering
Department and found that he was possessing properties worth
over Rs 15 crore, hugely beyond his known sources of income.
Lokayukta`s Ujjain SP, Arun Mishra told reporters that the
raid was conducted at the residence of Dwivedi situated in
Bahiravgarh area of the temple city.
Dwivedi was found to own two houses in Ujjain, nearly 50
acre of agriculture land, two houses in Indore, a dumper, a
tractor-trolley, three four-wheelers, two motorcycles, 16 bank
accounts, insurance policies worth Rs 9 lakh, 15 kg gold and
Rs 7,000 in cash, he said.
Today`s action comes close on the heels of a raid on the
residence of UMC revenue officer Kailash Sangte three days
ago. He was found to be in possession of property worth Rs 6
The Lokayukta police today also raided residences of
Brijesh Sharma, an inspector with Rajya Kalyan Mandir, and
unearthed disproportionate assets worth Rs 3 crore from him in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis