MP Lokayukta Police raids engineer
Ujjian: The Lokayukta Police on Tuesday nabbed an
assistant engineer with Ujjain Municipal Corporation (UMC) for
amassing disproportionate assets worth over Rs 15 crore.
On a tip off, the Lokayukta Police raided the residence of
RK Dwivedi posted with the UMC`s Public Health Engineering
Department and found that he was possessing properties worth
over Rs 15 crore, hugely beyond his known sources of income.
Lokayukta`s Ujjain SP, Arun Mishra told reporters that the
raid was conducted at the residence of Dwivedi situated in
Bahiravgarh area of the temple city.
Dwivedi was found to own two houses in Ujjain, nearly 50
acre of agriculture land, two houses in Indore, a dumper, a
tractor-trolley, three four-wheelers, two motorcycles, 16 bank
accounts, insurance policies worth Rs 9 lakh, 15 kg gold and
Rs 7,000 in cash, he said.
Today`s action comes close on the heels of a raid on the
residence of UMC revenue officer Kailash Sangte three days
ago. He was found to be in possession of property worth Rs 6
The Lokayukta police today also raided residences of
Brijesh Sharma, an inspector with Rajya Kalyan Mandir, and
unearthed disproportionate assets worth Rs 3 crore from him in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened