MP Lokayukta raids medical health director, junior
Bhopal: The MP Lokayukta on Thursday raided the residences of Medical Health Director Amarnath Mittal and Junior Auditor in the department Ganesh Prasad Kirar and seized cash and documents relating to their property.
Lokayukta officials said that Rs 38 lakh in cash, jewellery worth Rs 72 lakh and foreign currency of 3,000 Euros and 1,080 Australian dollars were recovered from Mittal`s residence in the Shantiniketan area of the city.
According to the officials, documents showing 50 acres of land and two cars were also recovered from him.
The raid on Kirar`s residence led to recovery of Rs 10 lakh in cash while officials also found documents indicating ownership of two shops and 28 acres of land.
The cash, jewellery and land possessed by them together appeared to be well beyond their source of income, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof