MP Lokayukta raids medical health director, junior
Bhopal: The MP Lokayukta on Thursday raided the residences of Medical Health Director Amarnath Mittal and Junior Auditor in the department Ganesh Prasad Kirar and seized cash and documents relating to their property.
Lokayukta officials said that Rs 38 lakh in cash, jewellery worth Rs 72 lakh and foreign currency of 3,000 Euros and 1,080 Australian dollars were recovered from Mittal`s residence in the Shantiniketan area of the city.
According to the officials, documents showing 50 acres of land and two cars were also recovered from him.
The raid on Kirar`s residence led to recovery of Rs 10 lakh in cash while officials also found documents indicating ownership of two shops and 28 acres of land.
The cash, jewellery and land possessed by them together appeared to be well beyond their source of income, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves