MP: Man awarded life sentence for raping minor daughter
Raisen (MP): A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment till death by a local court for raping his minor daughter.
Special Third Additional Sessions Judge Vijay Chandra yesterday awarded life imprisonment till death to Masroof Shah (40), a resident of Baadi town in the district, for repeatedly raping his daughter, who is about 14 years old.
Masroof, who has eight children, was found guilty on the basis of the statements of his wife and other children.
The sentence was awarded under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012, a prosecution official said today.
The court also directed Raisen Collector to provide relief to the victim within 30 days as per the present rules, as till date no separate fund for such purposes has been set up in the state under the POCSO Act.
The judge also commended the role of the culprit`s wife and other children in ensuring punishment to him.
Masroof had raped his daughter by threatening her at knife-point. His wife was not at home when the incident took place on July 24, 2013.
The girl later informed her mother and other relatives that he had earlier also raped her several times.
Masroof`s wife and other relatives then filed a complaint against him with the Baadi police following which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB