MP: Man awarded life sentence for raping minor daughter
Raisen (MP): A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment till death by a local court for raping his minor daughter.
Special Third Additional Sessions Judge Vijay Chandra yesterday awarded life imprisonment till death to Masroof Shah (40), a resident of Baadi town in the district, for repeatedly raping his daughter, who is about 14 years old.
Masroof, who has eight children, was found guilty on the basis of the statements of his wife and other children.
The sentence was awarded under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012, a prosecution official said today.
The court also directed Raisen Collector to provide relief to the victim within 30 days as per the present rules, as till date no separate fund for such purposes has been set up in the state under the POCSO Act.
The judge also commended the role of the culprit`s wife and other children in ensuring punishment to him.
Masroof had raped his daughter by threatening her at knife-point. His wife was not at home when the incident took place on July 24, 2013.
The girl later informed her mother and other relatives that he had earlier also raped her several times.
Masroof`s wife and other relatives then filed a complaint against him with the Baadi police following which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says