MP: Man gets 10-yr jail in abduction, rape case
Bhopal: A local court completed trial in an abduction and rape case in 10 days and awarded ten years` imprisonment to the convict.
Khandwa District Sessions Court Judge Jagdish Baheti yesterday sentenced the accused - Kapil alias Mukesh Korku - to three years` imprisonment and Rs 1,000 fine under section 363 of IPC and 10-year imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 5,000 under section 6 of Protection of Children from Sexual Crimes Act. Both the sentences will run concurrently.
The trial in the case began on January 28.
According to prosecution, Kapil had abducted a 13-year-old girl from Gomukh village in Khandwa on December 6 last year.
He confined the girl in the house of his brother-in-law Kishore at Ashapur and also at the residence of Suraj at Nagotar, where he raped her.
On a complaint lodged by the victim`s family, charges were framed against Kapil under sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 and 376 (rape) of the IPC and section 6 of the Protection of Children Act.
Kishore and Suraj were also booked in the case but acquitted for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter