MP: Man gets 10-yr jail in abduction, rape case
Bhopal: A local court completed trial in an abduction and rape case in 10 days and awarded ten years` imprisonment to the convict.
Khandwa District Sessions Court Judge Jagdish Baheti yesterday sentenced the accused - Kapil alias Mukesh Korku - to three years` imprisonment and Rs 1,000 fine under section 363 of IPC and 10-year imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 5,000 under section 6 of Protection of Children from Sexual Crimes Act. Both the sentences will run concurrently.
The trial in the case began on January 28.
According to prosecution, Kapil had abducted a 13-year-old girl from Gomukh village in Khandwa on December 6 last year.
He confined the girl in the house of his brother-in-law Kishore at Ashapur and also at the residence of Suraj at Nagotar, where he raped her.
On a complaint lodged by the victim`s family, charges were framed against Kapil under sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 and 376 (rape) of the IPC and section 6 of the Protection of Children Act.
Kishore and Suraj were also booked in the case but acquitted for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum