MP: Man gets 10-yr jail in abduction, rape case
Bhopal: A local court completed trial in an abduction and rape case in 10 days and awarded ten years` imprisonment to the convict.
Khandwa District Sessions Court Judge Jagdish Baheti yesterday sentenced the accused - Kapil alias Mukesh Korku - to three years` imprisonment and Rs 1,000 fine under section 363 of IPC and 10-year imprisonment along with a fine of Rs 5,000 under section 6 of Protection of Children from Sexual Crimes Act. Both the sentences will run concurrently.
The trial in the case began on January 28.
According to prosecution, Kapil had abducted a 13-year-old girl from Gomukh village in Khandwa on December 6 last year.
He confined the girl in the house of his brother-in-law Kishore at Ashapur and also at the residence of Suraj at Nagotar, where he raped her.
On a complaint lodged by the victim`s family, charges were framed against Kapil under sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 and 376 (rape) of the IPC and section 6 of the Protection of Children Act.
Kishore and Suraj were also booked in the case but acquitted for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday