MP man gets death for rape and murder of minor
Datia: In a speedy trial, a 26-year-old man was sentenced to death by a local court for raping and killing a six-year-old girl here in April this year.
District and Sessions Judge Rajiv Sharma, while awarding the death penalty yesterday, observed that people like Kamlesh Kushwaha (the accused) are "cancerous" to the society and hence its necessary to eliminate them in the same manner just as doctors remove cancer tumours surgically for saving people`s lives.
The hearing in the case began on July 15 and it was completed in only eight days, according to public prosecutor Rajendra Tiwari.
On April 18, Kushwaha, a resident of Maheba village raped and murdered the girl belonging to Dongarpur village.
Kamlesh, who was living in Dongarpur with a relative took the girl to a farm on some pretext and committed the crime.
Postmortem reports had confirmed rape and also 21 injuries were found on the girl`s body following which the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video