MP man gets death for rape and murder of minor
Datia: In a speedy trial, a 26-year-old man was sentenced to death by a local court for raping and killing a six-year-old girl here in April this year.
District and Sessions Judge Rajiv Sharma, while awarding the death penalty yesterday, observed that people like Kamlesh Kushwaha (the accused) are "cancerous" to the society and hence its necessary to eliminate them in the same manner just as doctors remove cancer tumours surgically for saving people`s lives.
The hearing in the case began on July 15 and it was completed in only eight days, according to public prosecutor Rajendra Tiwari.
On April 18, Kushwaha, a resident of Maheba village raped and murdered the girl belonging to Dongarpur village.
Kamlesh, who was living in Dongarpur with a relative took the girl to a farm on some pretext and committed the crime.
Postmortem reports had confirmed rape and also 21 injuries were found on the girl`s body following which the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble