MP: Man gets seven years in jail for rape
Rajgarh: The district court has awarded seven years` rigorous imprisonment to a man and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for raping a woman.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge N V Kaur to Mangilal.
Mangilal was accused of raping the woman on August 16, 2009 at Modlipur village when she was working in the field, said District Prosecution Officer Girish Sharma today.
Court also awarded three months` imprisonment to Mangilal for trespassing into the victim`s field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack