MP: Man gets seven years in jail for rape
Rajgarh: The district court has awarded seven years` rigorous imprisonment to a man and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for raping a woman.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge N V Kaur to Mangilal.
Mangilal was accused of raping the woman on August 16, 2009 at Modlipur village when she was working in the field, said District Prosecution Officer Girish Sharma today.
Court also awarded three months` imprisonment to Mangilal for trespassing into the victim`s field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly