MP: Man gets seven years in jail for rape
Rajgarh: The district court has awarded seven years` rigorous imprisonment to a man and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for raping a woman.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge N V Kaur to Mangilal.
Mangilal was accused of raping the woman on August 16, 2009 at Modlipur village when she was working in the field, said District Prosecution Officer Girish Sharma today.
Court also awarded three months` imprisonment to Mangilal for trespassing into the victim`s field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video