MP: Man gets seven years in jail for rape
Rajgarh: The district court has awarded seven years` rigorous imprisonment to a man and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for raping a woman.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge N V Kaur to Mangilal.
Mangilal was accused of raping the woman on August 16, 2009 at Modlipur village when she was working in the field, said District Prosecution Officer Girish Sharma today.
Court also awarded three months` imprisonment to Mangilal for trespassing into the victim`s field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley