MP: Man gets seven years in jail for rape
Rajgarh: The district court has awarded seven years` rigorous imprisonment to a man and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for raping a woman.
The sentence was awarded by District and Sessions Judge N V Kaur to Mangilal.
Mangilal was accused of raping the woman on August 16, 2009 at Modlipur village when she was working in the field, said District Prosecution Officer Girish Sharma today.
Court also awarded three months` imprisonment to Mangilal for trespassing into the victim`s field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor