MP: Maoists torture labourer in Balaghat
Balaghat: Maoists allegedly nailed a labourer to a bridge for working at a construction site under the Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojana in the district, police said today.
The labourer, Sunil Bawre (26), was sleeping in his hutment on May 15 night in Kundekata village near the construction site when a group of armed Naxalites stormed his house.
The ultras threatened the labourer with dire consequences if work was resumed on the road and bridge, police said.
Before nailing him to the bridge, they stuffed his mouth with a piece of bamboo.
Sunil, who was bleeding, was rescued by a contractor seven hours later yesterday morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh