MP: Maoists torture labourer in Balaghat
Balaghat: Maoists allegedly nailed a labourer to a bridge for working at a construction site under the Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojana in the district, police said today.
The labourer, Sunil Bawre (26), was sleeping in his hutment on May 15 night in Kundekata village near the construction site when a group of armed Naxalites stormed his house.
The ultras threatened the labourer with dire consequences if work was resumed on the road and bridge, police said.
Before nailing him to the bridge, they stuffed his mouth with a piece of bamboo.
Sunil, who was bleeding, was rescued by a contractor seven hours later yesterday morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death