MP: Maoists torture labourer in Balaghat
Balaghat: Maoists allegedly nailed a labourer to a bridge for working at a construction site under the Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojana in the district, police said today.
The labourer, Sunil Bawre (26), was sleeping in his hutment on May 15 night in Kundekata village near the construction site when a group of armed Naxalites stormed his house.
The ultras threatened the labourer with dire consequences if work was resumed on the road and bridge, police said.
Before nailing him to the bridge, they stuffed his mouth with a piece of bamboo.
Sunil, who was bleeding, was rescued by a contractor seven hours later yesterday morning, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16