MP: Meeting held to discuss minority community issues
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh State Minority Commission here had convened a meeting to discuss issues pertaining to the minority community, officials said.
Various issues that were discussed during the meeting held here yesterday, would now be brought to the notice of the state government, they said.
The meeting was attended by over 60 prominent personalities and experts. Former state Minority Commission chairman Ibrahim Qureshi, Shahar Qazi Syed Mushtaque Ali Nadvi, Prof Zameeruddin, assistant director of Backward and Minorities Development Commission YP Singh, Secretary MP Minority Commission Omar Farooque Khatani were some of those who attended the meet.
Qureshi said the commission should be more vigilant and active and should see whether the Supreme Court and the Union Government guidelines regarding the minority community were being followed.
"If there is any violation of the guidelines, the commission should immediately take note of it and initiate appropriate action," he said.
YP Singh said that there were various educational schemes for the minority community students, funded both by the state government as well as the Centre.
Singh claimed that the Madhya Pradesh was the first state in the country to distribute scholarships in a good manner. "In 2007-2008, the MP Minority Commission had distributed scholarships worth Rs 2.32 crore, while in 2011-12, it distributed Rs 38 crore," Singh claimed.
Prof Zameeruddin called for better coordination between the community leaders and NGOs for the problems and their solutions for minority and to achieve the benefit from the governmental schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest